Download from itch.io

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Wind Carrier; Pre-Alpha 1.77

Hello all!

I guess with my current schedule, this should be an early Saturday update instead of a late Friday update. :p

Anywho, this week I mainly working on getting A Ritualist's Respite up and running... which it is! The only thing left to do is actually add the logic to the enemy class that allows it to spawn; which should only take about 5 minutes, but I couldn't fit it in this week which is rather absurd when you think about it, but I suppose that that isn't the point.

Proof of concept and alliteration, woo!

To the changelog!



Change log, 1.77

-Added a widget to the end of dreams, informing on: experience, mana crystals, influence, and items

-Added the dynamic dream, A Ritualist's Respite

-Added a new crystal type, the white crystal, which acts just like a treasure chest

-It requires testing, but I may or may not have accidentally stumbled upon the solution to the quest saving bug?!

Note: I just noticed and fixed what seemed to be the problem with the quest saving system yesterday, so I have yet to test it. I should have a definite answer on whether or not it was fixed by next week. 

Item Updates:

-Added the weapon, A TreeCleaver, a scythe and the unique reward for ARR


Card Updates:

-Finally fixed Thunder Egg so that it doesn't 1 hit everything. >.>


Enemy Updates:

-A Traitorous Witch should now have the proper amount of health

-Can now drop Soul Crystals in addition to Sortien's Fate

-Added A Crazed Cleric, the boss of A Ritualist's Respite


Bug Fixes:

-fixed a bug where the fliers in An Earthen Sky didn't have proper collision with the landscape

-fixed some floating grass

-fixed a bug where dream completion wasn't being saved properly

-fixed a bug where dropped building items wouldn't spawn with the proper mesh

Coming Up:

Aside from actually adding ARR to the game, I will make sure that the quest system is actually fixed and if it is, then I can start rolling out more quests as well as updating the few that I have already. I've a new, more efficient, system for quest objectives and such in mind, so that should be worked on as well.
I am quite hopeful that it actually got fixed. >.>

Screen shots!

A Ritualist's Respite
Centered around a massive, blooming lavaleaf plant, the dream revolves around climbing the plant to its apex a defeating it's patron inside.


A Crazed Cleric
A manifestation of the chaos that unchecked lavaleaf use can do, A Crazed Cleric has long since been blind. He stares far off into the cosmos, watching and waiting for something that will certainly come for him.

And the aforementioned crystal. Pick it up and it drops loot! 
PS: I need to make a lavaleaf texture that will look good large. >.>



And that's all I got for this week.

Until next time,


-Lucas Cady
Project Director

No comments:

Post a Comment