Download from itch.io

Friday, February 24, 2017

Pre-Alpha 1.47

Well. This is a new latest, and I can say with almost absolute certainty that it will be the latest a post will ever be. I had stayed up all night the previous night to be awake with my wife to go to her doctor time. I even forgot that yesterday was Friday. :p
But...

This weeks change log is rather short, I should honestly start keeping a list of bugs that I fix or exactly what I update, since that is what has been done mostly this week again. I'm not even going to include the "Items, Cards, Enemies, Quests..." thing since it is all the same; none.


Change log, 1.47

-Added the freezing status effect

-Dealt with some errors in the main menu

-Finished Ardor's influence levels

-Updated a few spawns, Vulpine Tricksters really don't need to be ambushing you at your camp. :p

-Finally got the skill menu up and running

-Sooo many bugs


As mentioned, I did get the skills up and running, and while the menu isn't pretty yet it is fully functional. It will need to be tested, but as of now, skill points aren't awarded at every level up; they may very well be in the future, but that is as yet to be seen. 

With the addition of the skill system, we are now just two major features away from becoming feature complete and moving into the alpha phase of the games development, so, yay. :D 
The two, uncoded features are: transformation cards, which do as you'd guess, transform the player into something else, and rituals, which are things that were originally going to be cards, but I decided it didn't make much sense for the to be as such; think out-of-combat utilities, teleportation, passives that cannot stack, stuff that would generally ruin the game play loop by forcing you to shuffle through your deck in order to find them. 

Now, onto our other matter; the game is still not packaging properly, but I have opened a ticket and we have thus-far narrowed it down to the actual packaging process as the culprit through this and that test. I am hopeful (ain't I always?) about getting it up and out by next week. 

Now, screenshots; I didn't have much to show, but I did find a few random things to take shots of. :p







It was an odd feeling today, getting lost in my own game, both literally and figuratively. It was a nice feeling. 

Until next week,

-Lucas Cady
Project Director

No comments:

Post a Comment