Download from itch.io

Friday, February 10, 2017

Pre-Alpha 1.45

Hello all! This weeks change log is a bit light, I spent Monday and Tuesday this week attempting to smash my head against a wall to get the game to package properly. Alas, I feel that we are going to have to wait for the next UE4 update, which should be coming relatively soon. And after I get a version of the engine that will package the game I will not upgrade ever again, regardless of the fancy bells and whistles that they promise with each change. :/
But, to the change log!

Edit: Right, right; as you may have noticed, we are now behind a "This is an adult site blah blah blah" warning. That is because the blog was taken down temporarily for a terms of service violation and I believe that that was it. I will try to post less nudity in the future as to be able to remove the warning.


Change log, 1.45


-Added a small mesh to construction points indicating whether or not it is a necessary build
-Bug fixes, of course
-Added a widget to inform the player of the name of the city that they are entering
-Ardor, a Leonen forward camp resting atop a mesa, it is encroaching on Lizard land
-reworked the experience needed to level and the health/mana gains from leveling

Items Added:


-Crystal Ball, accessory, an ultra pure mana crystal which adds to card using abilities, only available to those who choose the "Theologic" path
-Salesman's Love, accessory, a few dyed burlap sacks that a budding salesman can easily toss over his back, increases his love for his craft, only available to those who choose the "Economic" path

Cards Added:


-The Iron Eye, tier 3, one of the last upgrades of the Shimmering Bubble card
-Metal Pool, tier 2, the last tier 2 upgrade of Shimmering Bubble

Enemies Added:


-Leonen Ironhead, the first Leonen enemy, a caster specializing in the Shimmering Bubble tree, a bit of a hassle to deal with :p

Quests Added:


-Feeding Ardor

Coming Up:

I wasted A LOT of time this week. I wasted two days in my frustration and I'm not going to even try to get it packaged this week, or any week until the next UE4 update comes. So, that means:

-damn skills, I just need to make the skills menu, that's it, everything else is in place, but oh how I hate huge widgets like that u.u

-more items, cards, enemies, bug fixes, etc.

I've not really a specific plan for the next week, just general work as I look for another shitty job to keep the money flowing. 

And without further ado, screenshots:

Leonen Forward Camp, Ardor; not particularly inviting, it seems.

The Leonen race is a race of explorers, their scholarly specialization being stone shaping magics. Long before the Lizards lost their tidal marsh to the Leonen, the Leonen found and befriended a small race of satyr-like cervines who to this day aid them with their wood shaping. The Leonen are incapable of creating the twisting roots circling the towers alone, so they leave that to their cervine friends. 

As you can see, the Leonen Ironhead is a bit of a problem, even for a higher level character. Though I only had one card. :p

The Iron Eye card, rather subtle, but the effects are not. It increases the users armor to nigh invulnerability, but slows them down to almost the point of immobility. You may see a floating particle effect there, it is supposed to snap with the rest of the eye to the players forehead; I'll get that sucker to work eventually. :p

And that is it for this week. I'm a bit bummed that I wasted so much time on nothing this week, but at least the stuff that I got done I'm relatively proud of. 

But, until next week.

-Lucas Cady
Project Director



No comments:

Post a Comment