Download from itch.io

Friday, January 27, 2017

Pre-Alpha 1.43

Hello all and welcome to our Friday update. We have an actual sized update this week because, drum roll please.... I got fired! Woo! The details aren't really that necessary, just know that the sickness policies in America are ridiculous. No matter, I actually had time to work this week, and what I've done is in big part bug fixes that I didn't feel like I had time to do before. Along with that, I started to get through my backlog of things that I wanted to get done earlier, but never got a chance to. So, not a whole lot new new, but a whole lot, none the less.

So, here we go...


Change log, 1.43

-Scythe weapon class has been added to the game
-Fixed a few, frankly, embarrassing mistakes with the save system, which now works almost entirely as intended
-Updated all the item drops to use a generic mesh
-Added UI updates here and there
-Increased the stability of the deck
-Lengthened civ building even further
-The first of the Life Path logic has been entirely implemented
-I squashed an almost absurd amount of bugs
-Worked shortly on the skill system


Items Added:

-Crystal Scythe
-Marauder's Cross, armor
-Hurtta Fur Vest, armor
-Hurtta's Flight, scythe
-Hurtta Claw, dagger
-Hurtta's Barb, spear

Cards Added:

-Metal Mist, tier 2, a roiling cloud of gaseous metal which damages and burns things in its path
-Healing Bomb, tier 2, after a delay, the bomb detonates healing all allies and knocking back all enemies
-Frozen Standard, tier 3, drops a standard which damages upon impact, slows enemies, and speeds allies

Enemies Added:

-Updated the Haljuhurtta once again, more anims and logic

Quests Added:

-The Missing Mate

Coming Up:

Now, this really depends on whether or not I find another soul-crushing job next week, but:

-Bugs, bugs, bugs: there are still a few nagging ones that must be squashed post-haste; there's this particularly annoying one, the top half of the scythe anims don't work at all now... they worked when I originally implemented them, but for some reason specifically the left arm doesn't want to move :/

-Work on the skill system further

-Attempt to finally get the damn game ready for a demo

Now, with that, I tried and tried, ran though the whole output log, fixing errors and warnings as I could and I ran across a rather large one, that once investigated turns out to be rather problematic; this fixing of it is nothing more than replacing a node or two here or there, but I only found the error last night and worked diligently to rid the game of as much of it as possible before this post, but alas. Today, I plan on ridding the game of it entirely and attempting another build. That'll be my day.

But! Screenshots!


The shaman salesman! I'm not sure if I've shown this or not. :p

The crystal scythe along with the marauder's cross. 

The new drop meshes, from left to right: weapon, clothing, head items, accessories, warpaint, and cards (which isn't new.) I feel like the clothing and the head item meshes should be reworked, but I like the rest. (They spin! :p)

The Hurtta's Barb. I'unno, I always liked the thing that Monster Hunter did with its equipment, so ours will probably end up something like that, though without the slots and jewels and things. Since the Haljuhurtta is an aenahi of condensed air, its equipment is not even really made from it, just enchanted with the fine residue that is left over after it's death. 

The Hurtta's Claw, probably my favorite Haljuhurtta item.


Still sorta a work in progress, this and the Barb haven't been made into items just yet, the files are there, they were just made last night and will be completed either today or soon thereafter. But, the Hurtta Fur Vest.

Hurtta's Flight


The temple within your civilization, again, I have no recollection of whether this has been shown or not. :/ Maybe I'm getting old.

Just a shot of the hillside near your city, showing off my reworked stone mat. The dirt has also been redone, but I didn't snag a picture of it because it is just dirt. :p


But, I feel a lot better about my volume this week. I can only imagine the progress that would be made with a team behind me. Let us all hope that the winds of fate keep me working on this and not force me back into soul-crushing retail too soon. :p

Well, until next week, or later today, depending on how things go...


-Lucas Cady
Project Director

No comments:

Post a Comment