Download from itch.io

Friday, January 20, 2017

Update to Update 1.42 post :p

Lucas here again.

I had full intentions to do the regular blog post, but I found myself short on time before work. I'm glad that my wife could fill in for me. :p

Since we got the technicals out of the way, I'll start with some screenshots:

The bird skull necklace. 

Just a shot to illustrate the combo widget up below the HUD proper. 

The deck widget, needs cleaning up and beautifying, like everything, but it functions properly now.

The fire sprites summoned by the Fennoc Gout card. They will circle near you, causing burning damage to everything nearby, but should they take damage, they will condense and detonate shortly afterwords.

The card Fennoc Gout also causes a bit of damage to you, along with the AoE burn and summon. It can definitely deal a lot of damage quickly to you. Especially if you only have the one card in your deck for testing purposes. :p


And last, but not least, is the shop widget. Nothing special. But you can buy stuff now.



Surprise bonus:

I've been working on the skill tree for the shaman. The ground work for it is up and running, I just need to work out the widget and actually populate it with skills. 

I like my skills to be interesting and actually do something for me, other than increase my statistics passively. Within the skill tree, there will be the passive skills, but there will also be tones of active skills. 

For example, I'm planning on having several skills, each which requires the last, for each weapon type. And these skills in question will lengthen or change the combos for the chosen weapon type, thereby allowing the PC to further their melee capabilities as well. 

Other news:

I had wanted this, as so many other posts, to be the post where I could finally say "Here's a link, try our very, very alpha game!", but alas. I still cannot find the problem with UE4. As before, it packaged just fine, but the packaged game did not want to run, no matter what I tried. I have a few more theories, so hopefully it will get solved soon.


Upcoming:

I'm not overly certain what I will be doing this week. I've so much planned out and ready to do, but not the time to actually get caught up with it. I plan and plan and plan every break and lunch at work, but it takes 15 minutes to work out the logistics of something like the shop widget, but it takes hours to implement. Well, let's see...

-The scythe weapon class is close to completion, just a few more animations and it should be good to go

-Finish working on the dagger heavy combo, I've got the first attack, a roll and backstab done. I just need to finish the rest of it

-Work on the skill system

Aaaand, that's about it. :p

I would love to be able to say that I can get 40 hours worth of work done on it and have hundreds of things to show off next week, but that is sadly not the case just yet. I can, at minimum, get around 16 hours of work done a week, maxing out at 32 on the absolutely-not-happening kind of weeks.

I'll surely have more than that to show off, but that is all that I'm really planning on. Oh! And trying to get the damn game to work when packaged.

Until next time...

-Lucas Cady
Project Director

No comments:

Post a Comment