Download from itch.io

Friday, January 13, 2017

Pre-Alpha 1.41

Hello all! Got a few cards and a few animations, but aside from that, the bulk of my work for this week was still dealing with the quest system. There were a few kinks to get worked out aside from the last widget, which has been finished at this point.


Change log, 1.41

-Changed the way that resources and mana crystals drop
-smooth lined the death logic for enemies
-added gathering animation
-added card throwing animation


Items Added:

-Still none

Cards Added:

-Scale Storm, a tier 2 upgrade of the little lizard card
-Scale Dance, another tier 2 upgrade of the little lizard card
-Hurriscale, our second tier 3 card, a direct upgrade of Scale Storm


Enemies Added:

-Updated the Haljuhurtta, changing some of its AI and making the particle a little less crappy


Quests Added:

-The Beginning, the first tutorial quest, just gets you acquainted with the idea of civ building.
-The Lizard and the Snake

Finished implementing the quest system:
The quest system is now fully implemented. There are still a few bits and pieces that are rough, but I'll continue to smooth those out in the coming weeks.

Coming Up:
Now that I have my scheduled figured out at work, I should be able to plan a bit better about the amount of work that is feasible during any given week, and as such, for this next week:
-add widget to indicate which combo level the player is on
-continue working on the quest system, specifically what the quests do when they are taken, completed, failed, etc. (I'd like it to be a bit more simple to deal with, simply because I would like to be able to implement a large portion of the quests without having to recode stuff that is obviously going to be done with each of them)
-attempt to finally get the shopkeepers up and working, I've just got to do it but, like so many other things, I simply haven't found the time to do so yet.
-figure out why the packaged game is crashing and refusing to load at all
     -if at all possible, get the damn game up online for people to try :/ The last thing that needs to be done before this is getting the damn thing to actually play. It worked for the longest time, but then just as I got the damn AI up, the previous last problem, this thing arose. Such are the ways, I guess.

Not a bunch that is too interesting or even visible, but it all needs to get done. As always,  some screenshots.

The gathering animation, simple and quick.


The Little Lizard (which needs a better name)

A shot of the new mana crystal drop system. It feels better to be able to actually see what you have gained, at least to me. Plus there is a widget that I forgot to nab a screenshot of that tells the player exactly how many they have found.


The scale dance spell. It teleports the player, leaving a slowing area behind. I should really learn to make gifs. :p It would read better that way.
Scale Storm, essentially a massive AoE slow, that also deals a bit of damage over time. Hard to see when it isn't moving.

Hurriscale, an upgraded form of Scale Storm, larger AoE, more slow, same-ish damage. Also does not read well when not moving.

The quest menu widget, works as one would expect. 

I apologize if the last bit of the update seems rushed, that's because it is. I have to be leaving for retail hell about 4 minutes ago, so there you have it. But, what I have gained from these screenshots is that I really need to finally learn how to make gifs. It surely isn't that difficult, I've just never done it. But, until next time...

-Lucas Cady
Project Director

No comments:

Post a Comment