Download from itch.io

Friday, July 28, 2017

Wind Carrier; Pre-Alpha 1.68, Demo 1.1.3

Hello all!

I have fixed all of the bugs which were causing crashing in the previous version; or at least all of those that I knew about.
And the newest not-so-hotfix can be found here:

https://cloudsofglassgames.itch.io/wind-carrier


I have been less than super productive this week, but we do have a few noteworthy changes within the changelog.
I'm less talkative than usual it seems as I cannot think of anything else to say other than:
To the changelog!


Changelog, 1.68


-Added the Wild Carrots material node, produce

-Updated the Fennoc Breath particle system

-Updated the way that random encounters spawn

-Updated most buttons to work 'on hovered' as opposed to 'on click'

-Updated the follower AI to work more consistently

-Updated the game over screen

-Time of day now saves and the nights look a bit more night-like (I'm finally happy with how they look!)

-Added footsteps!


Enemy Updates:


-Increased the chance that creatures that drop loot will also drop materials from 25% to 33%

-Fixed a bug where creatures that couldn't drop anything other than mana crystals and materials wouldn't drop anything at all

-Item drops now spawn slightly above the landscape impact point, minimizing item loss due to clipping

-The 'Stunned' particle system will no longer spawn if a creature is dead already

-Faithless Hound

-Bite attack now does damage properly

-Adjusted hide drop from 2-5 to 1-7


Building Updates


-Added the builder's workbench

-spawns a builder with it

-craftable at all crafting stations

Coming Up:

This is weird. Again I have done everything that I said that I would from last week's post. If this is any indication, I should be looking into ranged combat for next week along with working on the sounds that our sound engineer has been providing. I've also half started composing a main theme for Wind Carrier; only the main verse is finished as of yet, but the layout for the rest has been mostly mapped - but that is an on the horizon thing. 
Next week will also likely include a bunch more bug fixes as our play tester will be coming back from his family vacation soon - amusingly it coincided almost perfectly with his starting date. :p

Anywho, screenshots!


Just a nice scene, I'unno... good enough for me to want to capture it. :p

The reworked Ritual Rose warpaint... which I failed to note anywhere within the changelog. This seems to be becoming a habit of sorts. 



And that's all I have for this week, I hope you enjoy our not-so-hotfix.

Until next week


-Lucas Cady
Project Director

No comments:

Post a Comment