Download from itch.io

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Wind Carrier; Pre-Alpha 1.67

Hello all, late again. :p

I had intended to release a hotfix of sorts yesterday, but I couldn't figure out the problem in question. It's a bug that causes the game to crash on load whenever one of the random merchants spawn outside of the world bounds. It doesn't seem to happen on all computers, since the other computer we have doesn't experience it at all, but about half of the time the game crashes on startup here.
I may just disable random merchants for the time being and release the fix next week if I cannot figure it out.

Other than that, though, we've got quite a few other fixes along with some reworks below for this week.

And we also added a new team member earlier this week. A lot of the fixes can be attributed to him finding them.

Oh, and I finally *actually* fixed the collision. Like, I am 100% certain that it works this time. >.>

Anywho, changelog.


Change log, 1.67

-Added a new team member! Welcome Chris Pelz, playtester.

-Replaced a whole host of incorrect meshes within the world

-Replaced all the stock fire particle effects with ours

-Can no longer walk on the ocean :p

-Added more spawns for creatures that drop hides

-Added scalability options to the pause menu

-Updated the code for card AoE's to allow them to move more nimbly and with more precision

-Updated the starting equipment

-Updated and fixed everything about the shopping and crafting interfaces >.>


Player Updates:

-Can now break down items in the inventory to get their full value in mana crystals

-Added a vanity camera which is used by holding the 'Tab' key


Enemy Updates:

-Faithless Hound

-Increased hides drop from 1-3 to 2-5


Building Updates


-The building upgrading system has been finished and implemented

-Pear Tree

-Fixed the crafting tooltip to give the proper description.

-Added the Covered Shrine building

-Upgrades from the basic shrine

-Added the Well building

-Added Väädriila, the first temple


Bug Fixes:

-Fixed a bug where the starting pear tree would occasionally start at an incorrect scale

-Fixed a few widget text errors. Ex. in the crafting menu, it still read 'Decoration' as opposed to 'Buildings'

-Fixed a dozen or so map tears

-Fixed the collision for spawned buildings

-Fixed the collision for material nodes

-Fixed some typos

-Fixed a bug where sometimes multiple shopkeepers would spawn


Coming Up:

I have an odd feeling. This is the first time in a loooong time where I actually got everything done that I said I would get done. :o
But, for next week, I've a few new buildings planned for creation and implementation along with a simple produce resource node. 
I will also be working on getting the aforementioned bug fixed and if I cannot fix it before next Friday, I will simply disable the spawn of random merchants and send out a new build like that. 
Ranged combat is still in my sights, but I am unsure as to whether or not it will be next week or further out. On that note, I have noticed that the PC follower AI is a bit wonky, and as such that is is also something that I have taken note of that needs to be updated. 

And all I have is just a random shot with the vanity camera. :p


That's all I have for this week.

Until next time


-Lucas Cady
Project Director

No comments:

Post a Comment