Download from itch.io

Friday, May 19, 2017

Wind Carrier; Pre-Alpha 1.58, Demo 1.0.7

Hello all!

I did manage to get the game to build, and the newest build can be found, as always, at:

https://cloudsofglassgames.itch.io/wind-carrier

and the combined change log from demo 1.0.6 to 1.0.7 will/is on the aforementioned link.

Random thing I noticed: The newest builds have a compressed size of half of the previous builds. Which is odd, since the unpackaged builds are only barely different sizes.

Turns out the problem had to do with me reorganizing my folders within UE4. :/
At tip, for those that ever use UE4, organize your files properly the first time - the re-directors haven't once worked properly for me. It could be just me, I mean, it would not surprise me in the least. But, I've found reorganization is a bigger hassle than it should be.

Anywho, I spent the bulk of my time creating and implementing the female Vulpine's anims. I also rebuild the influence system from the ground up as the previous system didn't account for multiple civilizations of one race; which was a large oversight on my part. :p

To the change log!



Change log, 1.58


-Added some new Eir encounters

-Increased the likelyhood of Eir encounters

-Rebuilt the influence system

-Updated the melee system to be more accurate with the timing of its damage

-Added some animations for female Vulpine: Spear C1, spear casting, spear idle, death

-Updated the way that the animation blueprints play montages


Player Updates:


-Set up everything needed to have to player's melee function properly, just need animations and meshes. :p

-Set up everything for the new animation implementation as well.


Card Updates:


-Updated all cards to properly interact with Eir encounters

-Updated all spell cards with stable ticks as opposed to one based on frame rate


Enemy Updates:


-Changed the mesh and animations of the Vulpine Ritualist to the new female Vulpine mesh


Coming up:

Well, probably more work with the female Vulpine. :p

I've also got a new large creature that should be ready for next week; all that needs to get finished are some animations and then it's done. Well, other than implementation, but that is the easy part.

But, screenshots!

A comparison shot between the previous spear idle and the new idle for the female Vulpine. To me, the new idle speaks more volumes about the Vulpine race's views toward their afterlife than anything else. They aren't overly concerned about death, for the Vulpine believe in a vibrant, festive afterlife and believe that their peers will all gather for an immeasurable feast at the end of their lives; and they wish to be prepared. Vulpine Ritualists  often take a hallucinatory drug - the lavaleaf - to help them communicate with the other side. Vivid hallucination often follow, quite often also leading to their untimely deaths at the hands of one of Goldrath's many predators, at the hands of brigands, or at the hands of the Wind Carrier herself. 


A blooming Siieri, aided by the powers of the Wind Carrier. Siieri seedpods have multitudes of uses: from simple poultices to different types of jewelry and even dyes. 



And that's all that I have for this week. I find myself spending more time on art these days than in UE4, but I suppose that is part of the natural progression of these things.

Anywho, until next time...


-Lucas Cady
Project Director

No comments:

Post a Comment