Download from itch.io

Friday, May 5, 2017

Not entirely sure what to title this!

Hello all!

This week, I spent around 90% of my time in Blender and I think it finally has paid off!

I have updated the female Vulpine mesh and begun the time consuming process of making all of her animations. I had always intended that each of the races/sexes would have their own animations sets and that's part of what I've started here.

Now, her full animations are not completed yet, only the walk cycle and the idle are finished. The only implementation that has occurred is changing the base female NPC's to the new model. In order for full implementation to occur, I will have to: finish the animations and then regenerate all the animation blueprints.

In the next week, I will spend time working on getting the basic animations created and returning to UE4 for implementation along with other UE4 related things.

I did add a couple of new items to the game, but to save myself time, I will just add them to the next changelog next week before the newest build.

Onto screenshots!

The new Vulpine model, just naked in Blender. Other than a few rough spots here and there (the shoulders, a couple spots under the breasts, among others) she is complete. Touch ups will be done, but I'm happy with her. 

In UE4, mid animation. :p
The time that I did spend in UE4 was, mostly done working on getting a truely customizable color pallet up and working. 

There are three colors that can be changed. Base coat, secondary (seen here in the white underbelly,) and the tertiary markings (the black eyes and tail tip.) The secondary and tertiary markings will also be able to be chosen on character creation, as one would expect from a game like this. Currently there are only the default, but as time goes on, you'll be able to mix and match from dozens of different markings, even between races. The skin patterns on the: paws, ears, and nose, will also be customizable in the future; the only thing stopping it now is the lack of patterns. :p

Another example, I just feel ecstatic that I was able to get it up and running. I theorized and planned how I wanted it to work, and was surprised when it actually worked out how I wanted it to. :p


A final example, the coloration only because I felt like making something garish. 


So, yes. That is what I spent my week working on. I probably put a good thirty hours into that model and the logic to go with it, but the good news is that it will make all of the following models and textures that much simpler to work with. 

Looking at that last picture, I feel like I should change the ears a bit so the skin doesn't extend all the way to the front of them... hmm.
Anywho, until next week.


-Lucas Cady
Project Director

No comments:

Post a Comment