Download from itch.io

Monday, November 28, 2016

A bit of a tutorial

Hello, all. Surprised? I sure am. I promised to post something about the shrines early this week once I was less dying of exhaustion, and this is that.

Alright, the new female lizard model is up and working, as illustrated here and in every single other screenshot that I have for you today. 

In order to use the shrines, one must kneel before them and offer their prayers to the forest of the Winds. Doing so also heals the player completely, mana and health.


Doing so brings up this handy little screen here. You have two options from this point. 

You can use the shrine to upgrade your cards, as evidenced here. Each upgrade, as of now, only costs mana crystals, but I'm thinking that some of the stronger Unique cards would require other resources, possibly rare resources. But I digress. Let's choose Bastion of Ice.

What's this? It seems that the Bastion of Ice card can be upgraded again, and for free even... hmm. I suppose, why not?
The other option, Channel, allows you to dissolve your unwanted cards into their base mana crystals, effectively working as a store would. I decided that it would make more sense, thematically, to have you "sell" your unwanted cards at a shrine as the average resident of Goldwrath would have no use for something that can only be wielded by a shaman. 
A side note: the eagle-eyed viewers will notice that the new shrine static mesh does not have collision yet. I did not know this until the screenshot was taken. :p

Now, let's see, what is this Crown of Ice card? It seems fancy. I wonder what it could do...

I have become death!

I took wanted to share this screenshot with you because it is a momentous occasion for me. It is the first time that I actually got something to drop from one of those damn Vulpine Ritualists. I have notorious bad luck in getting things to drop, but since this was literally the first drop out of hundreds, I decided to double the drop rate... Maybe I'm just bitter?

I almost forgot this one. And thus, I leave you with a stubby lizard tail. :p


And that wraps this up. I shall post the weekly update, well, when it should be posted. Until then...


Lucas Cady
-Project Director

PS: I am rebuilding that dammed lighting as we speak. u.u








No comments:

Post a Comment