Download from itch.io

Monday, November 14, 2016

Impatience!

I was going to wait until Friday, or late Thursday, to post the update, but I'm far too excited to wait on this part, at least. As I promised, I was going to look into card implementation... and I am happy to announce that I have been successful! There are currently only something like six cards, and they will all be explained along with the rest of the updates later, but here's a few screenshots of various bits of the card collection process.
Hmm, what could this be?

A card? That clearly states that it is mysterious and powerful? Count me in!

I see, that's what that annoying, kinda in-the-way widget was for!

This is so much easier than stabbing those bastards to death!

Mwaha! But wait... if I just blast them all into oblivion via this magical, mysterious egg of raw herculean power, it seems that they only drop these damn mushrooms that I can find anywhere...

I wonder if I stab them good and hard enough...

Ahha! Another card! What a lucky day!

Oh, some asshole hasn't programmed this yet... it's just an empty bit of card-stock. What a prick.


As you can see, most of the main functionality is up and running. I still need to code in the card leveling and evolution, but that shouldn't be too far away either. 

As is, additional cards can either be purchased or found or captured. Each enemy that you will encounter in the game will be capturable. Those Vulpine Ritualists will be simple enough, but once you start encountering things that require a few more than three stabs with your trusty monster-stabber, then you'll need to be more careful about it. Capturing, as my tiny tutorial above has shown, is done through melee attacking - only your melee attacking, transformations do not count. Any creature that is killed by your weapon will be captured into a card which you can use or  not, depending on how you feel. 

Well, now that my proverbial load has been blown early, I will see you all again on Friday for the changelog (now pre-alpha 1.30) and some more screenshots.




 -Lucas Cady
Project Director


No comments:

Post a Comment