Download from itch.io

Friday, December 2, 2016

Pre-Alpha 1.32

Hello, all. I am here with my weekly update and change log. Not a whole bunch of interesting stuff was added this week. The most interesting being the Male and Female Lizard models finally getting updated. But, here's the log.

Change log, 1.32


-Updated the amount of grass that spawns, and added a small lily of the valley plant to the random grass spawns
-Finally added scalability options (oh what fun that was u.u)
-Got a new version of the game into the hands of that lazy, lazy play-tester :p
-Added a few images here and there
-Updated the shrines, making them more efficient
-Male and Female Lizard Models updated
-Fixed a few bugs with the upgrading system
-Added a few set pieces and various static meshes to the game


Items Added:


-Kuutar Set added: Amulet, Regalia, and hood. The set specializes in mana regen.


Cards Added:


-Ice Nova, the tier two upgrade of wall of ice, a delayed blast of frozen shards
-Crown of Ice, tier three upgrade of Bastion of ice
-Shimmering Bubble, tier one card, knocks back the first enemy to come into contact with it


Enemies Added:



-Feral Canine, a simple feral, canine enemy, tends to bite

Upcoming:

As I am probably going to leave the characters models just about as is until I can afford an upgrade to Maya, I will likely start work on adding more races to the game. Most likely Lions and some kind of cervine next. 
Over the past few days, I've been monkeying with the AI quite a bit, it seems to be working better, but only time, and play testing, will really tell. On that note, I've been working on getting summoned AI up and running too. So far everything works fine, minus the fact that the summoned AI loves to run off and get itself murdered. Though, I suppose that's how it always works, isn't it? :p
I've been thinking quite a bit about the actual mechanics for the PC to be able to influence the world around them, specifically, the other civilizations. I've come up with, what I believe to be, a clever system for dealing with it. But, then I ran into a snag. It seems that all the real boons that one could receive come from helping your neighbors, not hindering them. Some will find enough reason in disliking one group or another, but to me, that isn't enough. I've always tried to save as many as I could, unless I was roleplaying a dickhead. I'll be thinking about this for sometime, but I do love the idea of difficult decisions. 
So:
   -Iterate the skeletal mesh to another race, likely Lions
   -Continue adding cards, I failed to flesh out all the base cards as the task proved a bit more difficult than I had expected
   -Set up the basics for civilization helping/hindering
   -And, as always, just keep adding more stuff

I leave you, again, dear, readers, with a few screenshots. 

Just another random area from the world, South West from the player's home.


The heads of the lizards! The biggest differences in them are these. Being a non-mammalian race, it would have felt silly to give the females breasts. As such, the male is slightly larger in most aspects, has a shorter snout, and a bit of a dorsal ridge.



-Lucas Cady
Project Director

No comments:

Post a Comment