Download from itch.io

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Wind Carrier; Pre-Alpha 1.81

Hello all!

I'm going to omit the normal format for this week because there is only one real update, but it's a big one.
Oh! I am also sick, again, because of co-worker negligence, again. So, excuse me if anything that I say is a little less than coherent.

Note: Ignore the sky!

I guess there were actually around three~ changes which all are illustrated here, at least a bit. 

  1. I changed the way that weapons equip to the body. Originally, they were done through skeletal meshes, but now they are simply statics which are attached to sockets. This was done mainly with bows (and other things which must move) in mind. It also allows for weapons to be visible on the body while not actively equipped. 
  2. Another post processing effect. The shader itself is almost done, save its effects on the sky. I was working on the mostly yesterday and hadn't gotten around to it. Expect the completed shader by next week.
  3. And finally, we upgraded to UE4 4.18! Woo! The only reason I did this is because UE4 now has its own clothing tool integrated straight into the engine! Which means soft things, like the leaves on A TreeCleaver can flop around as they should! Which can kinda be seen here. Kinda. 
And that's it! At least I got important things done this week I say to myself. Now next week, I should actually be able to get A Poisoner's Paradise working along with maybe adding the bow weapon class. 

Anywho!

Until next time, 


-Lucas Cady
Project Director

No comments:

Post a Comment