Download from itch.io

Friday, April 21, 2017

Wind Carrier, Pre-Alpha 1.55

Hello all!

A bit of bad news, a new build will not be uploaded this week. I packaged it up, both 64 and 32 bit, and got it all ready, but then I found that a recent change to the way the menu UI works in causing problems after packaging; in short, you can open then inventory but not close it. :/
I'm not entirely sure that I'll keep posting builds each week either, I may switch to a bi-weekly schedule. We'll see, I suppose.

Oh, and since I failed to mention anything about it last week, Simplygon is not currently accepting new applicants, it seems. So, I will keep my eye out for that whenever they decide to start allowing new members again.

Anywho, the changelog is below.



Change log, 1.55


-Subduing enemies that have become stunned now cause a minor increase of influence within the enemies home civilization and a minor decrease of influence within any non-home civilization.

-Increased the stability of the follower class

-Added clay deposits for collecting clay


Player Updates:


-Added a key binding to "Tab", resets the z rotation of the camera to be behind the character


Item Updates:


-Stone Scythe

-Renamed to Primitive Scythe, for consistency

-Primitive Throwing Ax, Primitive Dagger, Primitive Spear, and Primitive Scythe can now all be crafted out of base materials.


-Added Simple Poultice

-Heals 35% of player health

-Craftable


Card Updates:

-Fixed a bug where the Vulpine Ritualist follower could cast Fennoc Fire multiple times at once


Enemy Updates:


Preliminary note: All of the creature data got reset because of an engine bug, I tried to recreate all of the statistics to the best of my ability, but I am only human, so if you notice any huge discrepancies, that would be why. 

Preliminary note, post script: Oddly enough, the Hummingbird Sprite enemy was unaffected...

-Lowered the health percentage for enemies falling into the stunned state


Bug Fixes:


-Fixed a bug with the pause button, where if you attempted to pause more than once during a single gameplay session, it wouldn't pause the third or higher times.


-Fixed the tool-tip text on the third skill, Refreshing Cloud


-Fixed a bug within the Crafting Screen, where when clicking the category buttons (Weapons, Armor, etc.) the list wouldn't properly populate and would end up empty.


-Fixed a bug where potions were not healing as much as they should have.


-Fixed a bug where, sometimes if you moved away from a resource without gathering it, you would be able to gather it the next time that you pressed "E"


Coming Up:

I've been thinking about expanding the breadth of the game quite a bit lately. It seems to me that a lot of the systems that have been added or tweaked as of late are running smoothly (excluding that damn tumble) and that increasing the diversity of the world should be my goal for a while. 
I've more than enough concept art to add three dozen creatures and I've planned out nearly a hundred cards, I just need to model and implement. 
Of course, bug fixes and working on the UI will also be important to the coming builds, as will likely be the case until the project is finished. 

But, onto the screenshots!


The aforementioned clay deposits. Just another material node.

The updates to the Haljuhurtta mesh. I realized after my wife told me that I never did post a screenshot of it. 

The new thatch texture that one of our team members made a while ago and I just thought to take a shot of. (Credits Luffie)

Some new card art; The Vulpine Ritualist. I figured since the card was almost unavoidable, it should have some art. :p

That's all I have for this week. It wasn't the best week, but damn am I tired. :p

Until next time,

-Lucas Cady
Project Director

No comments:

Post a Comment