Download from itch.io

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Wind Carrier; Alpha Demo 0.1.0

Hello all!


A new build has been uploaded and can, as always, be found from here or from the link above.

I also decided that I'm going to stop just needlessly naming the updates between builds. I'll probably just do something like, "Wind Carrier, Alpha 6.9.18" or something. But, that way the demo build and the development build sync up in terms of naming, which makes it a bit less confusing for me.

This week, in addition to the changelog, I work quite a bit on getting the world map to the size that it should be. The entire west coast of Goldrath has been blocked out, along with all the territory inland up to Granforn. Most of this is unimplemented, of course, but the actual map has been started. I realized a new way to deal with map building and seams at the same time. I've just made a single, huge map which I will cut up once it is finished and then slowly implement maps as I finish them.

I have also been playing with the "new" procedural foliage tool in UE4. With it I can actually make forests that look like forests, which is great. :p

Next week, there will not be a blog update, as my wife and I are heading to her family's cottage for the week. I'll likely still work during the week, mostly on concepts and maybe a bit in Blender. I've been needing some time to work on concept art for a while.

Anywho, enough of blogging on my blog. :p
To the changelog!


Changelog, 0.1.0

-Purchasing from shops and crafting from crafters now increases influence


Player Updates:

-Added Scarification II - V skills


Card Updates:

-Added Miirä'där WaterCarver follower card

-Added Splash spell card
-Tier 1
-Water

-Added Undertow spell card
-Tier 2
-Water
-Upgrades from Splash

-Added Torrent spell card
-Tier 3
-Water
-Upgrades from Undertow

Enemy Updates:

-Added Miirä'där WaterCarver enemy
-Tough spell caster
-Capturable
-Uses water magic


Bug Fixes:

-Fixed a bug where material nodes weren't showing the proper icon
-Fixed a bug with influence gain from enemies that caused it to work erratically




Miirä'där

An amphibious sjjena, the Miirä'där lived in awe of the power of the oceans. Their power in the Leonen age was quite small. Their home was in a small, partially underwater village, Kaarnar Viir, on the north western coast. Their monastic class were powerful spell casters, some dedicated to the power of the waters they worshiped and some dedicated to the powers of the sun, which kept them warm and mobile, even in the coldest of winter months. 

Miirä'där WaterCarver

The monastic WaterCarver dedicated themselves to the powers of the ocean. Living in a small cloister, just outside of the main compound of Kaarnar Viir, the WaterCarver practiced their craft along with the SunDancer caste. 


Odds are, I will work on a design for the SunDancer for next week, along with a proper design/layout of Kaarnar Viir. I also need to design some clothing for them, as they don't really need to be running around naked. :p

Anywho, until next time


-Lucas Cady
Project Director

No comments:

Post a Comment